Locum Midwives Locum Nurse - WOMANPOWER Study June 2021
MU-JHU RESEARCH COLLABORATION – MU-JHU CARE LTD, a Kampala based equal opportunities HIV/AIDS, TB and related clinical and implementation science research Organization with more than 350 employees is seeking interested, committed and reliable professionals with the described qualifications to apply for the Locum positions listed below in support of the EDCTP funded studies. The positions are Locum positions on short term contract for 6 months.
1. Locum Midwife/Nurse: multiple positions
Reports To: Nurse Coordinator
Duty station: MUJHU, Kisenyi HCIV and Kawempe National Referral Hospital
Required qualifications and profile:
A Diploma in Midwifery/Nursing, with current registration for practice from the Uganda Nurses and Midwives councils (UNMC) with interest in working in a busy labour ward with minimum supervision. The candidates are required to have worked for at least three (3) years in a busy health centre/institution. Previous work experience in a clinical research environment and/or with HIV, TB and/or MCH clinical care would be a strong advantage. Computer literacy is required. The successful candidates should be willing and able to work extended duty shifts i.e. 12 hour day, and 12 hour night shifts, including public holidays and weekends.
The holder of this position will work under the direct supervision of the Nurse Coordinator with guidance from the Head of Nursing Section, and will be responsible for the following duties:
• Working closely with other health professionals/research staff to obtain consents.
• Provide midwifery/nursing care to study participants as well as do phlebotomy, cord blood sampling and other sample collection as required.
• Collect data using tablets and laptops.
• Participate in study data quality assurance and control.
• Any other duties reasonably assigned by the relevant authorities.
• Maintain professional GCP/HSP accreditation and complete study specific training as required.
Applications with complete C.Vs, including 3 referees and their full addresses or contact Telephone numbers, copies of academic certificates and testimonials, should be hand delivered to: MU-JHU Human Resource Manager, through the reception on first floor, MUJHU 1 Building – not later than 25th June, 2021 by 5.30pm. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Successful candidates will be expected to start work immediately.